In order to get the most out of your carpet cleaning in West Lafayette, it’s important to take adequate steps to prepare before the cleaning professionals arrive.
It doesn’t have to be arduous or time-consuming, and the benefits can really pay off.
Chem-Dry is here to offer expert advice when it comes to having a successful appointment for carpet cleaning in West Lafayette and taking advantage of all this service has to offer. Here are some of our suggestions to consider before we arrive to clean the carpets at your home or business.
Essential Carpet Cleaning Prep
- Start by clearing out furniture and other items from your carpet. This exposes as much of your carpet as possible to be cleaned.
- Lift up anything that may be touching your floor, like curtains or drapes.
- Keep a close eye on your walls, as they run the risk of getting scuffed or dinged throughout the carpet cleaning process. As you’re moving furniture or carrying equipment in and out of your home, be mindful of walls and other finishes that may be in the wake.
- While most professional carpet cleaners will vacuum your floors first, it can be helpful and speed up the process to quickly vacuum floors yourself prior to the pro’s arrival.
- Make accommodations to keep pets and small children off of the carpet as it’s being cleaned and as it dries afterward. This helps ensure optimal results and a longer-lasting clean.
Carpet Cleaning in West Lafayette
There are also some key considerations to keep in mind after your appointment.
First, give your floors adequate time to dry completely. Thankfully, with Chem-Dry, your carpets will dry in a matter of hours—not days like with other methods.
It can also be wise to schedule your next carpet cleaning appointment right away for your convenience.