Spring is an ideal season for deep cleaning, and it’s just around the corner! Chem-Dry can help with all things related to freshening up your home—including furniture cleaning in West Lafayette.
Here are a few simple steps to follow that will help keep your upholstery clean, fresh, and at its best year after year.
Best Practices For Routine Furniture Cleaning
- Start with simple vacuuming. This is of course important on a weekly basis. For deep cleaning, remove couch cushions to reach underneath them and vacuum the cushions themselves as well.
- Focus on wood and metal pieces, too. Wipe these areas down using a gentle cleaning solution and buff or polish as needed.
- Look at the label on your upholstery to be sure what specific fabric it’s made of. The tag should also include instructions for washing your upholstery. For example, vacuum only, dry clean only, or mild detergent safe.
- Spot-treat visible stains. Use a store-bought stain treatment that’s safe for your specific fabric type, or make your own solution. A great go-to to have on hand is a mixture of ¼ cup distilled white vinegar, ¾ cups water, and a couple of drops of gentle dish soap.
- After cleaning, absorb as much moisture from your upholstery as possible. Make sure your couch is in a well-ventilated area and use fans to help it dry if needed.
- While do-it-yourself methods can make a difference, remember the importance of scheduling professional furniture cleaning in West Lafayette at least on an annual basis.
Furniture Cleaning In West Lafayette
Our team at Chem-Dry is proud to offer an industry-leading approach to furniture cleaning in West Lafayette.
This spring cleaning season and beyond, trust our team for all of your upholstery cleaning needs!
Schedule your appointment for furniture cleaning in West Lafayette today.